Havana Weather for August 22-28

Afternoon showers

By Yanet Díaz

Photo: Jorge Luis Sanchez

HAVANA TIMES – The days will begin with some partial clouds, building up as the day progresses. In the afternoons we can expect showers and thunderstorms, which may be intense at some points. Winds will remain variable and generally weak, with speeds below 25 km/h.

The humidity will be quite high, between 80 and 90%. The maximum temperatures will be 31 and 32° C (88 and 90 F), while the lows at 23 and 24° C (73 and 75 F).

The sea surface temperature will be 30° C (86 F).

Meteorological conditions:

A tropical wave will be transiting the Caribbean Sea during the next few days, affecting much of Cuba and its seas to the south. This, together with a high-level trough located to the northwest of the Caribbean will be favoring the formation of clouds and precipitation. Therefore, it is expected that this week there will be rains and some thunderstorms, especially in the afternoon.

Over the North Atlantic, the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico the probability of tropical cyclone formation in the next 5 days will remain low.

Weekly forecast, valid from Wednesday, August 21

Thursday August 22 max 32 ° C (90 F) min 24 ° C (75 F)
Rains

Friday August 23 max 31 ° C (88 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Rains

Saturday August 24 max 31 ° C (88 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Rains

Sunday August 25 max 31 ° C (88 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Rains

Monday, August 26 max 31 ° C (88 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Afternoon showers

Tuesday August 27 max 31 ° C (88 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Rain showers

Wednesday August 28 max 32 ° C (90 F) min 23 ° C (73 F)
Afternoon showers

5 thoughts on “Havana Weather for August 22-28

• September 25, 2017 at 8:02 am

Buenos dias…quisiera saber si para enero el aeropuerto de cayo coco va estar listo y alguna novedad de los hoteles ya que viajo en esa fecha mis pasajes ya los tenemos pero aun nos falta los hoteles y queriamos estar seguro…nuestro destinos son cayo coco…guillermo y holguin …desde ya muchas gracias y fuerza Cuba les amamos

• March 3, 2019 at 10:59 am

we are coming for the first time april 19-26, what is the typical weather for this period…i am concerned it will be the rainy season.

• March 3, 2019 at 11:31 am

April is usually a quite dry month. The first rains usually being in May.

• March 5, 2019 at 7:13 am

You should be fine. I too am going at the beginning of April and have generally found the weather to be hot with only an occasional rain shower – although quite rare. I have been in late February and some of the nights were cool enough to warrant a light jacket, that’s why I now go in April. Eleven time visitor here!

• July 3, 2019 at 7:11 am

I’m originally from Havana, Cuba. My name is Idelfonso Hernandez Izquierdo. I was born in Maternidad Obrera on January 23rd, 1963. My Mom Luisa Maria Izquierdo Poey still lives in La Lisa, Versalles with my two Sisters Laura and Lupe. Lupe still works at Frank Pais Orthopedic Hospital. I put my name as Dale Jefferson Lewis-clark because soon enough that will be my adopted name since I will go for the American citizenship exam this July the 19th, 2019.
    I found my New Home in America but I will never forget where I came from.
    Cuba is distant now geographically speaking but I keep it in my Heart.
    By the way, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Part of the West Coast or Pacific Coast time in America.
    Thanks!