About us

Havana Times History, Policies, Perspectives & How You Can Help

HAVANA TIMES — In this interview editor Circles Robinson answers a wide range of questions about the web publication, its history, policies & direction.  Havana Times began in October 2008 and is now in its 12th year.

If you would like to help make it possible for Havana Times to continue publishing please click on the following link which has the easy to follow instructions: https://mediaoutreach.org/havana-times-donate

RELATED POSTS:

Contact Havana Times here:  [email protected]

49 thoughts on “About us

• August 25, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Scam “cambiazo” in the “informal” (non-yellow) taxis, when you pay the driver changes bills of 10 CUP for 10 Pesos and tells you to please change those. I was a victim of this scam coming from the “cañonazo”, it seems that is the location and time the preferred by those criminals, they offer you a really cheap fare just to lure you and scam you.

• August 9, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Fidel was a master of public relations propaganda. The CIA was complicit in orchestrating the revolution with the aid of Marxist inspired editors at the NYT.

The propaganda surrounding the revolution makes for great imagery but little truth. After Castro turned against the CIA, ask yourself why his murderous purges of dissenting citizens was per capita higher than any other socialist revolution.

The real history of the atrocity is available to those who care to know the truth. DO YOU.

• July 24, 2019 at 3:53 pm

I notice that Rich Haney has crept back in to HT. His absence was a benefit to readers.

• July 24, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Circles, there is reference to the air-crash of the Cubana-rented 38 year 11 month old Boeing 737-200 series which crashed following take-off from Jose Marti airport on May 18th, 2018.
    Have you sourced any information about the results and conclusions of the Public Inquiry?
    I understood that both Boeing and Pratt & Whitney insisted on representation. Also that Diaz-Canel directed that there was to be no media reporting or discussion about the crash. But the public at large as users of Boeing aircraft -including especially 737’s are entitled to know especially considering the two recent 737 Max crashes. Cuban censorship is as we all know, in good health, but this is not solely of concern to Cubans.
    I believe that Cuba signed the Montreal agreement in 2005. Has compensation been paid to the families of victims?
    It would be good if someone well versed in aviation could write an article (or two or three) upon the crash, subsequent inquiry, conclusions and recommendations.

• July 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Hum, didn’t know there was a Havana Times back then. This one started in 2008.

• July 22, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Hello. I am a researcher working on a book about Joe Cambria, and old baseball scout for the Washington Senators. He wrote a series of articles in the Havana Times between 1955 and 1959 called, “Don’t Die on Third” and “Every Knock is a Blast.” Is there anyone there who could help me find them? Do you have a searchable database of archive copies?
    Many thanks

• July 21, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Re: Cuba’s Abundant Land and Food Shortages

I am a Canadian and I will return to Cuba for the 7th time in September or October. I would like to meet with you and discuss doing an article that could greatly influence the plight of Cubans. The simplest and easiest way to make Cuba more resilient and self sustaining. Especially as it relates to growing high quality nutritious food, totally cut the import of unhealthy cooking oils. And make food and cooking oil affordable to all. Thus cutting down on government health care costs and more much more.

I am now 71 and have been an avid ardent and incessant researcher for 40 plus years. Grew up on a 600 acre farm and worked on my first organic farm in Hawaii in 1971. If you have WhatsApp I can send you my business card. +250-262-8645 my Canada number.

sincerest regards Paul

• May 30, 2019 at 6:46 am

Ron, I moved your comment to the post you were referring to both in English and Spanish.