Can you help with info on cancer treatment centers in Cuba?

Question: My wife has had breast cancer which has now turned to bone cancer. I understand that Cuba has cancer treatment centers (hospitals). Can you supply me with names and email addresses?

Answer: The main cancer centre in Cuba is the Havana-based Instituto de Oncología y Radiobiología. In addition to having an outstanding record in cancer-based research, treatment and indeed prevention, this hospital is also incorporated into Cuba’s program of Turismo de Salud (Health Tourism), which facilitates overseas patients receiving care.

To contact Turismo de Salud at the above Hospital, send an email to the director of this department, Dr. José Andres López Losada, at jaminor@infomed.sld.cu In the subject line, be sure to put “para Dr. Losada, jefe, Turismo de Salud “. His direct phone number (office) is (537) 832-2202, should you wish to speak with him in person. He will indicate what information you need to send so that the Hospital can assess if they think they’ll be able to assist your wife’s health condition. Below is the address of the Hospital:

Instituto de Oncología y Radiobiología

Calle 29

Esquina a F (esquina = corner)

Vedado – Municipio Plaza,

Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Research carried out by the Instituto de Oncología y Radiobiología has included the development of the monoclonal antibody that recognizes and identifies the presence of the Human Papilloma Virus Ior-HPV1 associated with the appearance of malignant cells and cervical uterine cancer. This antibody enables a fast and accurate diagnosis in screening.

Another study has been done on breast cancer families, enabling the characterization of the gene mutations causing this hereditary cancer and the creation of a Breast Cancer Family Registry in Cuba. Understanding the genetic base of breast cancer can help in identifying the specific cellular mutations responsible for its transmission and ways to prevent this.

More recent studies relate to breast cancer and gene-expression elements that may produce resistance to oncological drugs, as well as studies on prostate cancer.

Recently, the Instituto has undergone major renovation and reconstruction (almost complete), financed by the state, to make it more modern, more comfortable for patients, and outfitted with updated technology.

36 thoughts on “Can you help with info on cancer treatment centers in Cuba?

• November 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Cuba is still on the same level at the USA in terms of cancer treatment in that the mainstay of their treatment still revolves around allopathic procedures—chemo, radiation, etc. I do not think it has an established treatment center which deal with the full person and the cutting edge of “Alternative” or Natural treatment. (But if they do, please let ME know.)

The reason I am on this board to begin with is because I am contemplating setting up such a natural treatment center in Cuba, if that is at all possible.

The best natural route involves a complete remineralization of the body, balancing the pH, removing deep-seated toxins, use of natural estrogen binders (such as the lignans found in flaxseed), and use of the Budwig Protocol, as well as pancreatic enzymes (as per the Kelley approach). Best, however, to find someone skilled in the art and who can guide you through the seeming maze.

J Star
    unity10 (at) aol . com

• December 27, 2011 at 8:00 am

Hi Thank you for sharing the information.

My mother has breast cancer, a mastectomy was perfomed on Dec 5 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya

We were looking into doing chemotherapy in Cuba. However, we are unable to get any response from the infomation you have provided above.

Kindly, could you please privide me with more details/options for my mother?

CK

• January 29, 2012 at 9:34 am

Hi,
    Could you have some address of Oncology Hospital for melanoma treatment with new medicine (vaccine)?
    Thank you very much.
    Kind regards
    MR

• February 1, 2012 at 10:51 am

Majda,

Good morning. Melanoma is very treatable by using Ultraviolet Light. ATI LIghting is looking for a good cancer hospital or university to test our ultraviolet light. We have recent testing from an accredited Laboritory in Australia. Ultravilet Light was used to treat many viruses and bacteria infections in the 1920’s – 1940’s. Our UV light is equal to that light of many years ago.
      LRS

• April 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Hi My brother has has been diagnosed with cancer on his liver and pancreas You think you could help us

• July 18, 2012 at 9:55 am

hi ,.. can you treat a patient with prostate cancer advance stage ? where is the best hospital in cuba that can treat prostate cancer , even by means of natural or alternative medicine?, anything as long as he can be treated and cured..thank you

• July 18, 2012 at 10:14 am

We were told that you should write the Cira Garcia Clinic in Havana at faculta@cirag.cu The message should be directed to María Antonieta González Piloto who is the assistant director of the clinic. You should explain the situation and what you are seeking. They recommend you attach a summary of the clinical history of the patient and the steps that have been taken. Once received, it should be two or three days until you get a reply. There are a group of three doctors that receive the e-mails and pass them on to where they should go.

Please let us know afterwards if you inquiry is satisfied.
      Best regards, Circles Robinson, editor, HT

• July 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hello, my sister was diagnosed with neuroendocrine carcinoma in the lung and liver back in dec 2010, she has gone under chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Right now due to the weakness shes presenting doctors dont want to continue with chemotherapy. She has polymiositis and her liver functions are high. Is there any hospital in Cuba that can offer her any sort of treatment either alternative, chemotherapy or natural ?? Thank you.

• August 18, 2012 at 6:54 am

Hello My father was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer on July 27th 2012. How can we bring him to Cuba for treatment and How much does it cost? Please let me know.

• October 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Dr.
    My girl 52 years old has had breast cancer and had it removed and later replaced and than cancer set in again
    She has had treatments and they now advise her that they can do no more-I have heard that Cuba has very good cancer treatment clinics-Do you think that you can help-We are prepared to come to Cuba and have you examin her-There are planes leaving daily to Havana-Thanking you for a early reply
    Harry Budnick

• September 13, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Cuanto te extraño!

• October 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hace aproximadamente un mes envié mi expediente clinico a jaminor… Dr. Losada. Padezco de metástasis en los pulmones, con antecedente cancer de mama, del cual ya fui tratada, ahora mi problema es la metástais quisiera que me respondieran si pueden ayudarme ayua en Cuba, anhelo ser tratada. se que hay una vacuna contra el cancer de pulmones y además tienen mucha experiencia y se que son los mejores en ese tipo tratamientos contra el cancer. Espero una respuesta, la metástasis avanza. Atentamente;
    Nereyda Soberanis, 58 años de edad, guatemalteca C.A.
    Tel. (502) 41224613.

• December 6, 2012 at 8:34 am

Hello my friend has been diagnose with cancer in the brain which is at a serious stage can you help me with oncologist in cuba who can help him please. He is only 27 years old and has a family to take care of . Please nelp me.

• February 24, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Did you get an answer on this? My Dad got Glioblastoma last September. Worked with an amazing dr in Mississauga Canada. So far so good. Dr. Dodd is his name. Best of luck to your friend.

• December 24, 2012 at 9:18 am

good morning my name is David I would like to know where in cuba you can get new treatment for cancer using vidatox using the blue scorpion venom .Coming to cuba where can i get this.Please let me know. I appreciate whatever you can do. THANK YOU

• December 24, 2012 at 9:47 am

The international pharmacies in Havana are selling it for 204 CUC (around 230 USD).

• January 12, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Generous warm greetings to ***** el presidente fidel castro , family , friends , citizens ***** & those in need every where *** please simply *** google the name ” rick simpson ” *** nb. He shares *** freely *** an absolutely simple natural remedy / cure for …. Well i feel it’s best if you do *** your own research *** with the right love in your heart *** so just google … ” rick simpson ” & freely share / enjoy the amazing love & simple un conditional god -given benefits *** … congratulations fidel ***** please phone me to share also my further research i ‘ stumbled upon ‘ not just in the field of simple cures *** but also in the vehicle ; mechanical & design areas & non * fossil fuel , practically free *** energy for automobiles etc [ natural / simple *** non polution discoveries with some amazing benefits . Justwrite to me @peter mac , … Post office box 769 , southport b.c., 4215 , australia . ‘Cause my email skills are ‘ early days / still learning ‘ one step @ a time they say …. So fidel , simply google the name ” rick simpson ” ok *** & congratulations in anticipation …remember fidel i have some other amazing discoveries of great value in the health field also … Yes … . Life is too short *** so the topic of ‘ the hope of ” eternal life & happiness ” is very possible in a ‘ paradise ‘ here on a ‘ new ‘ earth as *** promised by jesus the christ *** son of the creator of *** all things great & small & beyond …. Hope you are feeling better fidel , best regards pater mac ps. The right / action / information @ the right time is paramount to achieve the right results … I’m 70 this year & feel like a mature older sixteen year [ young ] man …..i wish !!!! Sorry fidel i can only speak the english language … regards pater mac .

• July 25, 2013 at 6:45 pm

My Brother was given 14 months to live when the Doctor finds out that his body cannot take Chemo anymore. ever since then, the family have been in pain knowing that they where going to loose a precious son that was just 23 years old to Cancer of the lungs. my mother did a lot of research when she found out that cannabis oil was the cure all medication for cancerous diseases, that was highly guaranteed to cure all cancers and other various diseases. my mother bought the Hemp oil for my brother and he has just completed his treatment 3 weeks back. his latest test result indicated that his cancer has been gone without a single trace in his system. Thanks to Rick Simpson and Thomas Kelvin where the Hemp oil was purchase. For all those suffering from cancer and other various diseases with no where left to go, contact Thomas at: thomasmedicalservice@gmail.com and purchase your cannabis oil.
    This really is a miracle to the new generation. Bikini

• August 3, 2013 at 11:47 am

I just need some help. All stories are heart breaking. My brother got prostate cancer and it is in the last stage. He cannot eat anything and been screaming from severe pain. I wish, I find a kind hearted Dr. in here who can see all reports and test results of my beloved brother and to help me out with any findings. Kindly contact me.

• August 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm

21 years old Masha Govorova from Poltava, Ukraine was
    diagnosed with lung cancer on May 27,2013. She was treated (chemotherapy ) at
    Kiev Institute of Cancer, unsuccessfully so, her health has deteriorated
    rapidly. On the July 21 Masha was transferred to Meir Medical Centre in Israel.
    The estimated cost of treatment is $140,000. Her family have raised nearly
    $24,000 -only a fraction of the total cost. She needs our help.

Updates on Masha (Russian) http://vk.com/id72213876

English site http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-masha-to-fight-cancer

Please, Help.

• November 26, 2014 at 7:32 am

My brother inlaw is my best friend he have liver cancer a little masse located under the two big tube the one let get in and the one let go out the masse is the size of a quarter (25 cents) this masse was blocking those two veinnes they bypass those two veinnes but something can be done to take care of this masse

• September 22, 2015 at 5:40 am

Hello, My father is 71 years old. He has been
    struggling with acute myeloid leukemia ( AML ) cancer. In 2012 and 2014 he took
    chemotherapy. But the last time he got worse. Now he is still taking MDS
    treatment ( injecting from his muscles ). Before I came to Havana, I want to
    communicate with a doctor about
    alternative treatments. Could you please help me, could you please share me a
    contact name for that issue. I will afford all treatment expenses. By the way I will be there on 5th of December 2015.
    Sincerely,

• January 11, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Does anyone know of a cancer trial in Cuba that was done in the past with tannic acid from the banana sap ? Or if there is any clinic that is still doing this treatment ?

• May 2, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Hi, I try to send an email to this email address jaminor@infomed.sld.cu but it comes back undelivered. Can somebody please help me why???

• June 15, 2016 at 11:06 am

Where can I buy this cannabis oil a.s.a.p??

• December 10, 2016 at 7:50 pm

My father in law is suffering from stomach biopsy cancer and I want to bring him cuba for treatment can you help me to how contact and email all reports to cuba hospital and as soon as possible they reply me plz and tnx

• February 22, 2017 at 11:21 pm

Heartbreaking, these desperate people! Cuba should invest heavily in the research of a cure for Cancer. Everyone will want to come to Cuba for treatment!

• February 4, 2018 at 3:35 am

How to get the veccin in India please help me..my brother is a pesient of goll bloder melegnency.(azino carsima) he take cemotherapy 3 cycle
    From kazi Nazim Uddin
    West Bengal India mob +919775751815

• February 27, 2018 at 10:51 pm

How I can get the vaccine in India help me

• April 6, 2018 at 12:27 am

I wanna this vaccine.. But i’m not able with… Plz sent me your address….plz

• April 28, 2018 at 12:39 am

Respected Sir / Madam

My sister is suffering hodgking lymphoma please save her life she just 25 years . your kind co-operation will be save her life i am from India . please guide me i want move in your country . please inform me what the cost of treatment as per INR .

• June 4, 2018 at 9:37 am

Please inform me how I can order for cannabis oil.

• August 27, 2018 at 1:34 am

I have needed treatment for ovarian cancer as soon as possible…