If I have a visa with a “family stay” stamp that permits me to stay in the home of family or friends, can I use that same visa to stay in a casa particular at another time during that same visit?

Yes, on a “family stay” visa you are permitted to also stay in a casa particular or legal homestay during the same trip to Cuba.

However, family stay visas are NOT transferrable to other stays with other family or friends. If, during the same visit to Cuba, you have Cuban friends in two different parts of the country, or even in two different parts of the same city, you will need to apply for a second “family stay” visa when you change location. It is up to the discretion of immigration whether or not to issue any such visas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Picture 1 of 1

Havana’s Capitolio Building. By Kent Beattie (Canada). Camera: Samsung 8

Submit your pictures to our Photo of the Day section
You don’t have to be a professional photographer, just send an image (in black and white or color), with a photo caption indicating where it was taken (city and country), type of camera or cell you used, and a small description about it.
Note: it is better for our format if you send horizontal orientation pictures. Even square will work but vertical is a problem.
Send your picture with your name and birth country, or where you reside, to this email address: [email protected]