Photo-Feature by Elio Delgado
HAVANA TIMES, Dec. 7 – Contributing photographer Elio Delgado brings us a look at the ruins of the San Juan Evangelista Tower in the city of Bayamo.
The landmark is on the site where a church dating back to the 17th century existed and at the entrance to where the first open field cemetery in Cuba was established.
The Church was destroyed in a great revolutionary protest fire on January 12, 1869 and the cemetery ceased to be used in 1919 and was demolished in 1940 for a buildng project, however the tower has survived.
Click on the thumbnails to see all the photos in this gallery