Benny More (Cuba) – Song of the Day

By Zahrah

HAVANA TIMES – Today’s featured artist is Benny More from Cuba with the song “Cienfuegos” from the album “Asi Es…” (1958). Submitted by Mariaisabel Verrier.

Share your favorite songs with readers of Havana Times:

The only requirement is that it be a Latin American or Caribbean artist, but the musician’s country of residence is unimportant.

Include the name of the artist and his/her country of origin, track title, album name, year.

Please send your song (YouTube link), with your name and country or place of residence to this email address: [email protected]

7 thoughts on “Benny More (Cuba) – Song of the Day

• September 3, 2019 at 2:39 am

Let others praise what you consider your own glory, if indeed it is your own.

• September 2, 2019 at 11:19 am

I am not Cuban..but I married into the culture.. I love everything Cuban..food, culture, and of course the music..
    I have msny songs of Benny Moré and many other artists. One of my many favorites is Vereda Tropical by Tito Gomez with el orchesta de Riverside along with any song by Lecuona .
    How could anyone not love Cuban music is beyond my comprehension.
    Saludos Benny!

• September 2, 2019 at 8:25 am

Benny was my Fathers favorite , Cienfuegos was his hometown. when I listen to Benny I can feel my Fathers presence ?

• September 1, 2019 at 6:21 pm

One of my favorite piano players is “Gonzalo Rubalcaba. check out his version of Autumn Leaves. OUTTA SIGHT!!!

• September 1, 2019 at 5:33 pm

I am happy that you have remained connected to your roots and to my Benny!!! ????

• September 1, 2019 at 10:46 am

I love this music! Is before my time, but still no other Spanish speaking country comes close to the sound and the beat, the artists that come from Cuba! I should know I’m Cuban American. I’ve lived in the U.S.A. for many years but still love and remininsce my Cuban music. Gracias!

• September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am