What options are there to stay in Cuba for several months?

Question: I have visited your very wonderful country many years ago and wish to visit it again this autumn period, 2010. I am interested to live in Cuba for 2 to 4 months or more, if legal. Could you please suggest a good way to find a place to live for this long period, probably casas particulares.

Answer: If you do a google search on “List of casas particulares in Cuba”, you will find a long list of sites that provide information on a very wide range of homestay rentals all over the country. Information often includes an image, details of what’s available, cost and contact information. In some cases, bookings can be made online. At the bottom of the google page you will also find suggestions for related searches.

As well, many standard guide books to Cuba are now listing selected casas particulares around the country, including details and contact information.

Your third option is simply to come to Cuba and search out your own ideal casa particular for a long-term stay. Whereas the nightly rate often ranges between CUC 25-30 for shorter-term stays, when one is planning to stay for a month or longer, a lower price can be negotiated.

Note: You will find additional information about homestays in Cuba under the question Any tips about the “Casa Particular” home stays?

6 thoughts on “What options are there to stay in Cuba for several months?

  • I have friends in Cuba, and al I need to do is pay 40pesos to the immigration, and I can stay with my friends in their own house.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *