How can a US band play in Cuba?

Question: Do you know if there are any arrangements between Cuba and the United States that would allow an American blues/rock band to play in Cuba?

Answer: No formal agreements exist between Cuba and the United States that allow American blues / rock bands, or any other kind of musical group, to play in Cuba.

If a North American group wants to play in Cuba, it must go through the necessary process for authorization on both the Cuban and the U.S. end. Neither process has anything to do with the other. In other words, one side may grant authorization and the other side not.

If a group is interested to come to Cuba to perform, it should contact the Instituto Cubano de la Musica (ICM), in particular Alejandro Guzmán, vice-president of International Relations, whose email is [email protected]

The ICM will then provide the necessary information for processing the solicitation on the Cuban end.

Instituto Cubano de la Musica
Calle 15 #452
Esquina a F
Vedado – Municipio Playa
Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba

Telephone (537) 837-5164 (Relaciones Internacionales)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Picture 1 of 1

Havana’s Capitolio Building. By Kent Beattie (Canada). Camera: Samsung 8

Submit your pictures to our Photo of the Day section
You don’t have to be a professional photographer, just send an image (in black and white or color), with a photo caption indicating where it was taken (city and country), type of camera or cell you used, and a small description about it.
Note: it is better for our format if you send horizontal orientation pictures. Even square will work but vertical is a problem.
Send your picture with your name and birth country, or where you reside, to this email address: [email protected]