HAVANA TIMES – Whose great idea was it to create Nauta email accounts? Nauta internet cards? I’m trying to figure out who it was that gave birth to these monsters, clearly created by the government owned ETECSA telecommunications empire, which, of course, were not designed to make us feel more connected to the world or anything like that.
On the contrary, they came into our lives to make them even more miserable. Firstly, to make us lose our scarce money and get impatient every time we see that we need to find this damn card which disappears like magic a lot of the time.
Another one of the problems we face is when you already have this damn card and you find out that the connection doesn’t let you put in the top up code, meaning you can be trying for half an hour and not ever manage to do it.
Not to mention the email service. You can sit and watch the icon refreshing for half an hour without any emails coming in, using up all of your credit. It’s mind-baffling and abusive.
Dear Nauta, I’ve wanted to ask you some questions in person.
- When will you stop robbing us?
- When can we rely on a respectable service?
- Why don´t you establish a fixed rate for WIFI connections and that way you can get rid of this damn card which only creates havoc for the economy, because I assume making millions of cards from time to time also costs the State something. Tell me if it isn’t easier to establish a monthly rate, which can be topped up in person at specific top-up points?
- If the internet can’t be free like it is in other countries, why don’t you lower the price, which doesn’t fit in with workers’ salaries in this country which supposedly looks out for the Cuban people’s happiness, allowing them to enjoy every possible human right?
- Do you realize, Nauta, that you´re robbing the people when the service is incompetent and of a low quality?
- When will we be able to enjoy using a good service?
- Will I live to see this day, Nauta, will I? Answer me!