Cuban Women Don’t Really Like Foreign Men

By Pedro Pablo Morejon

Photo: Juan Suarez

HAVANA TIMES – I’m not very progressive, let’s say. I am in some respects, of course, such as human rights, democracy and whatnot. However, I tend to be a little politically incorrect about other things.

This is why I like to read websites such as MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way), Pildora Roja or PUAs (Pick Up Artists). It’s not a matter of me being a follower of some of these online communities (which seem extreme to me in reality), but I do agree on certain points of view that I find to be true and interesting.

Well anyway, sometimes I visit one of these websites. The author is quite an intelligent person, but as he lives in another dimension, he is one of those people who thinks that Spanish and Western European men in general, are more attractive to women.

I don’t know whether this is the case in any other Latin American country, but it isn’t the case here in Cuba. It definitely isn’t.

I say this because those visitors are always impressed with the affection they receive from our fellow countrymen and women. So many of them take the bait, marry Cuban women, and take them back to their countries.

Comments on Internet sites about Cuban women

Unfortunately, you can read comments by Europeans on internet forums about how easy it is supposedly to pick up women in Cuba. I especially find it awful the way they degrade our women.

I have had the opportunity to get to know two of these women who dedicated themselves to “jinetear” back in the day, a term we use here in Cuba to refer to those who prostitute themselves with foreigners.  Both of them had vast experience in the matter. They told me they never felt good sexually when they were with foreigners, that there wasn’t anyone like a Cuban man.

You can prove this if you look around you. They all continue to sleep with their Cuban lovers.

It isn’t a question of us Cubans being the best lovers in the world either. Plus, this whole “latin lover” business is a stereotype that is far from reality.

Nor that a Spanish person is less good-looking, because many of us descend from them.

The thing is, though, that because we live in poverty, any foreigner in Cuba is seen as a man that can help solve their financial problems and/or be their ticket out of here. When a woman from anywhere else in the world (not only here) puts a man in a certain box, there’s no way you can change her mind.

How foreign men are often perceived in Cuba

However, the different reality these foreign men are used to in their countries doesn’t allow them to pick up on the fact that any tourist that steps on Cuban soil is seen as such by many women.

Soon, foreign tourism will again invade Cuba. Floods of Canadians and Europeans (and who knows even US citizens too after Biden assumes the presidency in the US) will come here seeking out sex tourism.

A vaccine against COVID-19 is already on the horizon for 2021. On the other hand, the dictatorship needs an injection of hard currency to help save the national economic crisis.

So, everything will continue like before, but these foreign men should have one thing crystal clear: Most Cuban women are only interested in their money.

Read more from the diary of Pedro Pablo Morejon here.

Pedro Morejón

I am a man who fights for his goals, who assumes the consequences of his actions, who does not stop at obstacles. I could say that adversity has always been an inseparable companion, I have never had anything easy, but in some sense, it has benefited my character. I value what is in disuse, such as honesty, justice, honor. For a long time, I was tied to ideas and false paradigms that suffocated me, but little by little I managed to free myself and grow by myself. Today I am the one who dictates my morale, and I defend my freedom against wind and tide. I also build that freedom by writing, because being a writer defines me.

23 thoughts on “Cuban Women Don’t Really Like Foreign Men

• January 25, 2021 at 5:48 pm

what you said about “jineteras” (putas) Cubans is common for all prostitutes in the world . With client sex is for money, without pleasure; with boyfriend (or pimp) is for pleasure. It is hard to compare these two things. Article is good to open some stupid eyes.

• January 19, 2021 at 10:04 am

Deb, I agree with your analysis, the reality is like this. I just focus on one side of that game. You very aptly state the other. I think that those who dislike my article are those who do not want to accept reality and live a world of fantasy.

• January 18, 2021 at 8:33 pm

I’m not disagreeing with your article – that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just know that the game is being played two ways – I know many Canadians who go to Cuba and pretend to be rich and promise the Cubans they meet that they will bring them to Canada. But that is just a scam – all they really want is for the Cubans to wait on them like royalty at the resorts or tourist places and to give them extra special service and do their running for them. They of course have no intention of ever bringing these Cubans back to Canada and will never contact them again after they get home. Believe me, the Canadians are going back home to their good lives – and very often to their boyfriends/girlfriends or spouses who have good jobs and plenty of income. I’m sure this is not just the Canadians doing this. So while you tell the tourists that the Cuban women don’t really like them – trust me, there are many tourists who don’t really like the Cubans. They are just taking advantage of these people for the cost of a few pesos or some cheap Dollar Store junk they bring with them to Cuba. I have heard them laughing about doing this. To be clear – I don’t do this nor do I condone those who do. I’m just saying that it happens – often. 🙁
    Better to be kind to each other.

• January 18, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Eh John you forgot Thailand and the rest of asia

• January 18, 2021 at 9:51 am

Awful article.

• January 16, 2021 at 3:06 pm

This article cruelly stereotypes all Cuban Women. This is weird.
    It also puts all non-Cuban men in one single generalised category. This is perhaps even more weird.
    I would suggest the author broadens his horizons. I would also suggest that he might wish to scratch the surface a little deeper. He may then arrive at a more nuanced understanding of life, the universe and everything.

Alternatively – stick with the comfortable but dull as f**k stereotypes.

• January 15, 2021 at 9:24 am

Damn brother, as an european born and lived in US for a long time an Canada (only on vacation),
    I just love you final sentence:

“So, everything will continue like before, but these foreign men should have one thing crystal clear: Most Cuban women are only interested in their money”

This is so true for our homeland that makes absolutely no difference with Cuba. You find the same interests in women in cuba, europe, US, o canada. thanks for reminding us that!