HAVANA TIMES – The Cuban film “Conducta” Ernesto Daranas was the big winner of the XXXVI International Festival of New Latin American Cinema Sunday with the Coral Award for Best Feature Film at the closing ceremony of the event.
Other Cuban films among the winners were also “Meñique” by Ernesto Padrón, “Vestido de novia” by Marilyn Solaya, and “La pared de las palabras” from Fernándo Pérez.
“Conducta” was also the most successful in the section of the Collateral Awards with five awards, while La pared de palabras and Vestido de novia won three each.
Here the list of winners of the main categories:
– Best Feature Fiction: Conducta (Cuba)
– Special Prize for Fiction Feature: Tierra en la lengua (Colombia)
– Mid-Length Short Film: Sin corazón (Brazil)
– Director: Damian Szifrón (Relatos Salvajes, Argentina)
– Best Actress Geraldine Chaplin (Sand Dollars, Dominican Republic and Mexico.)
– Best Actor: Armando Valdes (Conducta, Cuba)
– Screenplay: Celina Murga-Gabriel Medina (La tercera orilla, Argentina)
– Photography: Wojtek Staron (Refugiado, Argentina)
– Art Direction: El Cerrajero (Argentina)
– Edition: Relatos Salvajes (Argentina)
– Original Music: Praia do Futuro (Brazil)
– Sound: Praia do Futuro (Brazil)
– Opera Prima: Guero (Mexico)