Cuba Opportunity Summit in New York Sells Out
By Tracey Eaton (alongthemalecon.blogspot.com)
HAVANA TIMES — Assistant Secretary of State Roberta S. Jacobson is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the Cuba Opportunity Summit in New York City on April 1.
The event is sold out, but organizers are trying to increase capacity and have set up a waiting list.
Standard pre-registration went for US $1,495 per person and on-site registration was $1,695. The summit will take place at MarketSite Tower in Times Square. Organizers planned the event after the US and Cuba announced in December the renewal of diplomatic ties.
The summit website states:
“What will this historic change mean for economic relations between the U.S. and Cuba? What opportunities — and risks — should American companies consider as they explore the business potential of one of the largest markets in the Caribbean?
“In order to answer these questions, Knowledge@Wharton in partnership with The Lauder Institute and Momentum will bring together the leading business, political, policy and legal experts who have real-world experience with the Cuban economy and government with renown thought leaders from the world’s leading business school, Wharton, at the Cuba Opportunity Summit on April 1.”
Other speakers include:
- Stefan M. Selig, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade?, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Maria Contreras-Sweet, Administrator, Small Business Administration
- Frank J. Del Rio, President, Chief Executive Officer, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
- Gustavo Arnavat, Senior Adviser, Center for Strategic & International Studies
- Thomas J. Herzfeld, Founder, Chairman and President, Thomas J. Herzfeld Advisors, Inc.
- Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, Chief International Correspondent, CNBC
- Hugo Cancio, President, Editor-in-chief, On Cuba
- Raja Chatterjee, Global Risk Officer, Tishman Speyer
- Luis G. Coello, CEO and Founder, CubaMobile LLC
- Enrique R. Martínez, President and Managing Director, Discovery Networks Latin America
- Guillermo Santa Cruz, Vice President, Latin America, Mexico & US Hispanic, IMG Media
- Faquiry Diaz Cala, President/CEO, Tres Mares
- Mauro F. Guillén, Dr. Felix Zandman Professor, Professor of International Management, Director, The Lauder Institute, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Serge Elkiner, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, YellowPepper
- Dr. Teo Babun, Chief Executive Officer, HERZFELD/CUBA Alternative Investment Division Thomas J. Herzfeld Advisors, Inc.
- Jay Brickman, Vice President of Government Services, Crowley Maritime
- Mark Entwistle, Former Ambassador for Canada to Cuba and Founding Partner, Acasta Capital
- Ted A. Henken, Professor, Baruch College
- William B. Jacobson, Partner, White Collar Crimes and Investigations Group, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP
Stephen J. Kobrin, William H. Wurster Professor Emeritus of Multinational Management and Publisher, Wharton Digital Press at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Eddie Lubbers, Founder and CEO, Cuba Travel Network
- John McIntire, Chairman, Cuba Emprende Foundation
- Gustavo J. Membiela, Partner, Hunton & Williams
- Ted Piccone, Senior Fellow, Project on International Order and Strategy and Latin America Initiative in the Foreign Policy Program, Brookings
- Philippe Pouletty, M.D., Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Truffle Capital
- Julissa Reynoso, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Susan Segal, President & CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Natalia G. Shehadeh, Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Interim General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Weatherford
- Julia Sweig, Senior Research Fellow, LBJ School at UT, Austin
- Alana Tummino, Director, Policy, Americas Society/Council of the Americas
- Glenn T. Ware, Esq., PwC, Principal Leader , U.S. Corporate Intelligence Practice Group Washington D.C.
The summit website further states:
“While your registration cannot be guaranteed, if you are interested in securing a ticket, please email Chipo Siantumbu, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will place you on the wait list and contact you should additional registration passes become available.”