Can a foreigner go to a Cuban baseball academy?

Question: My son is going to graduate this May from high school and is interested to participate in Cuba’s baseball academies. How can I can get information and whom do I contact?

Answer: The first place to start looking for information is Cubadeportes S.A., a state-owned agency coming under INDER (Instituto Nacional de Deportes, Educación Física y Recreación / National Institute for Sports, Physical Education and Recreation) – the Cuban Sports Ministry.

In addition to being the country’s official site for Cuban baseball, Cubadeportes, which you can find at their website (both Spanish and English) also includes the Cubadeportes Travel Agency, which, among other services, provides the following which may meet the needs of your son:

– Academic Activities: professional training in the field of Sports, Physical Education, Recreation and the Sports-applied Sciences (Sports Medicine)

– Training Camps and Friendly Matches: covers all sports and the friendly matches include National Senior, Junior, Veterans and Infantile teams in over 30 sports disciplines

You can also contact Cubadeportes by phone or email at the following:

Telephone (537) 204-0945  to  49   e-mails:  [email protected]   or   [email protected]

One thought on “Can a foreigner go to a Cuban baseball academy?

  • A mediados de julio se realizará unos de mis sueños….visitar la habana….estaré tan solo 3 dias….Favor recomendarme sitios importantes para visitar….
    Mil gracias

Comments are closed.