News on Cholera Outbreak in Cuba

Photo from Manzanillo, Granma by Caridad

HAVANA TIMES — According to the Café Fuerte website the death toll from the cholera outbreak in eastern Cuba is now at fifteen.

The Public Health Ministry informed of the first three deaths on July 3, but has not confirmed the latest reports.

In the ministry’s report last Tuesday it said all measures were being taken to isolate the disease it said was caused by contaminated well water.

It said virtually the entire population of the municipality of Manzanillo had been examined.

Café Fuerte, citing hospital sources, said all the deaths have occurred in Granma province, where Manzanillo is located, and that hundreds of people remain hospitalized.

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *